- The “real surprise” to this Southern Italian “gem” is that despite a suburban location in Newton, the “terrific” Abruzzese-focused eats rival “most in the North End”; a “packed house” supports that notion and creates a “neighborhood” vibe in the classic, simple dining room.
- Yet another great Boston area restaurant! The owners Anna and Dante really go out of their way to make you feel special when you come here… The service is always friendly and the cuisine is always great. Anytime I’m in the area, I will stop here for dinner. It’s really that good! Paul M.
- I found the service to be impeccable. The waiter and waitresses were nice and quickly responsive. I enjoyed my meal immensely. The ambiance was easy and quiet, dress comfortably. I would for recommend for you to go! Dave M.
- Tartufo is the best Italian restaurant in metro west, by far. Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, friendly and attentive service. We absolutely love coming here and try to go once a week. Krang
- Tartufo has been consistently spectacular in every way over the years. Open Table Diner
- We love everything about Tartufo! The food is excellent. Pasta always tastes fresh. Staff and service are amazing and everyone is incredibly friendly. The place is a gem! Open Table Diner
- “Phenomenal Italian food without the hassles of North End traffic and parking shortages.”
- Gem of a restaurant. Wonderful menu, excellent food, just perfect the whole way around. Quiet enough to enjoy dinner with a companion, attractive atmosphere. I hadn’t been here in several years, and most definitely look forward to going back. Again and again. Stuart S.
- Great hidden gem in Newton. From start to finish everything was top-notch. From the tasty and smokey flavored grilled calamari, to the Homemade Ravioli topped with a delicious meat sauce, to the indulgent chocolate cake and vanilla Ice Cream to finish things off, everything was terrific. The service was great, and the best part of its whole appeal may be the location. Some of the best Italian food I have had in Boston and I didn’t even have to travel to the North End. This location in Newton has an intimate feel, parking is easy to find, and it has stayed under the radar – in a great way. Matty P.